Thursday, February 20, 2014

Back at it.

I haven’t tried writing on a regular basis since I was eighteen working on a memoir that I started two years earlier. Sadly the file was lost sometime in between graduating high school, getting hit by a car and having my old laptop crash. I began writing regularly and seriously when I was sixteen once I got out of a horrible relationship. I wish I could tell you that everything’s been a lot better since then (mentally), but in a sense it hasn't. There are so many things I wish I could type up right now but I have to take it one step at a time otherwise it would be as jumbled as the words are in my head.

 I want to try and conquer things that I’ve never opened up about in this type of format. I want to explain the anxiety that I go through on a daily basis and my resistance to admitting that I probably should be seeing a professional, but I would rather spill my mind on Blogspot than sit in front of another stranger with a notepad. I want to explain the last experience I had with my therapist and how/why it only lasted two sessions. I want to research and understand why we become so afraid of a single thought that we become stuck on it like a scratched record. And I guess most of all; I want to be able to understand myself and to feel a little more human in my own skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment